If you’ve been following this blog and my YouTube channel, you know how much I love Juniper Networks technologies. A couple years ago I took and passed all 6 of their associate certifications (JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIA-SEC, JNCIA-Cloud, JNCDA, JNCIA-DevOps, and JNCIA-MistAI). Juniper released a new associate cert this past year, and I decided why not take a crack at it! So this blog is my first step in that journey.
The JNCIA-DC exam is designed for experienced data center networking professionals with advanced knowledge of the Juniper Networks Junos software and data center devices, this written exam verifies the candidate’s understanding of data center technologies, related platform configuration, and troubleshooting skills.
It covers the following topics:
- Traditional Architectures (multi-tier)
- IP-Fabric Architectures (Spine/Leaf)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 strategies
- Overlay Network versus Underlay Network (Very Basic)
- EVPN/VXLAN basics/purpose
- Layer 2 Switching, VLANs and Security
- Protocol-Independent Routing
- Data Center Routing Protocols BGP/OSPF
- High Availability (HA)
Below is a video walkthrough of a free practice test provided by Juniper!
For more info on the JNCIA-DC and to get the free training and practice tests.
Juniper Networks provides great resources for training, studying, virtual labs, and 75% off exam vouchers. I’ve done practice test and exam review videos for all of them and you can find them in this playlist.