Since I passed both the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and Sysops Admin Associate in the past month, I’ve had a lot of folks ask questions related to comparing and contrasting the two. In this blog, I’m going to share a video and infographic that covers my thoughts on: Which AWS cert was harder, what might impact which AWS cert you should study for, and what are the real differences between the AWS SAA and SOA?
I also do an overview of all AWS certs in general and which ones you might want to focus on depending on what your end goals are:
- Foundational AWS certifications
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Associate AWS certifications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Professional AWS certifications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Specialty AWS certifications
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty
The above video goes in-depth into the topics described above, but for just a very high level breakdown of the differences between the AWS SAA and AWS SOA (SAA-C03 vs SOA-C02), I made this handy infographic!
In the end of the video, I also discuss different AWS certification paths depending on the specific job role you’re in. I found this great breakdown from ACloudGuru here.
No matter whether you go for the AWS SAA or AWS SOA, I have a AWS exam review video to help you out!
And lastly, if you are starting to learn about AWS, it is worth noting that I’ve been making a lot of AWS lab and AWS tutorial walkthrough videos. You can find them in this playlist.
Network Knowledge Wrap Up
A great resource on learning AWS networking, is the AWS Networking Fundamentals book (Affiliate Code)
My AWS SAA blog
My AWS SOA blog